Monday, November 27, 2006

VACATION IS OVER...BACK TO REALITY

Oh.. what a great vacation I had last week. It would be hard to beat it. Family all around me.. pictures, playing with kids, great food, great fellowship.... we seemed to party for at least 4 days straight. The finale should have been going to church yesterday, but Saturday marked vacation end, and it was my weekend to work.. so I did.
I had the entire department to myself. It wasn't bad. I spent a lot of time reading medical blogs.. taking off orders.. I think I only had one doctor in all evening. Can't blame them- it was a simply gorgeous day.
2 discharges and 3 admissions and a few orders otherwise made for a pleasant evening. I had a lot of empty beds.
Today I would guess that we will fill up. It's unusual for my department to have a cold bed on the unit.

No roofers today. The supervisor said the crew was all hunters. I guess so. Hope it doesn't rain.
We are prepared though- the cars are all parked on the other side of the driveway.

I'm gainfully employed again today and have slept in till 9am.. 8 hours of sleep. I don't usually get that much, but getting up at 6am left me really tired last evening. I needed the sleep.
Wendell was up a while ago, but is now back to bed and sleeping again. He does a lot of that.
He's on layoff now. He'll have lots of time on his hands.

Aunt Mary Jane is home. Praise the Lord!! She is doing well so says the email I got. We need an update on Uncle Bob and on Janet too.
Keep praying. We love you all.

No comments: