Wednesday, March 14, 2007

YEARLY PHYSICAL

Oh, boy.. I had my yearly physical today.. the news was good and bad.. I hadn't been taking my Vytorin for cholesterol, and I should have known that it would skyrocket- it did. No matter what I eat, it will skyrocket with genetic cholesterol. I think that's why we have so much cardiovascular disease in my family.
Also the Triglycerides went for a rocket ride.. Sooooooooooo.. the plan...??
Cut back the Vytorin dosage that was causing me so much muscle soreness that I stopped taking it a few months back. .. Okay- I'll try the lower dose. I'll also become more careful about taking 3Grams of Fish Oil/day.. I got some samples of Omacor, but my insurance won't even acknowledge it exists. I guess Wal-Mart will get my business instead- not the Brand name, but the Fish Oil.
I have another med I'm starting called Strattera. I'm hoping my focus will improve with this. We shall see. I got a month's worth of samples to try because my insurance doesn't recognize this one either.. I need to know it works before I pay out of pocket for it.- it's $126/month. YIKE! It better work if I pay that much.

The good news is that all the rest of my labs were WNL (within normal limits). So, he has suggested some weight loss .. yeah.. and is urging me to do more walking.. yeah... I'm doing these things..
I had a great walk around the perimeter again today after the rain. So nice to check out all the buds on trees and the little green thingies poking their heads out of the ground.. it's green, that means SPRING !
I'm not up to 'power walking' just yet, but the time spent walking outside has lifted my spirits somewhat and gives me encouragement to keep on going with diet and exercise.
(See DOWNSIZING blog)

Gotta get moving toward my bed.. it's getting late and I have to arise early tomorrow..

No comments: