Friday, July 06, 2007

RAMBLING & PLANNING

Today has been a busy one. I had PT at 9:30am (my last visit) and then went to the Pain Clinic to see the doctor there. I'd like to continue PT, but my insurance company says I only get 20 visits. I'm doing so well, I wanted to continue to work on that SI to get it settled. I'm not a candidate for the injection in the joint, so I have to rely on other more superficial things- suits me fine. If I can convince the insurance company to waive the 20 day thing.

So, before I start any 15 minute Hot Spots, I wanted to stop to blog and tell about my plans for next week. I'm on vacation starting Sunday. I have to work tomorrow however, so not much time to pull things together as I'd hoped. I was kind of foiled when I went to find kids Tee shirts today. You see, Sunday evening starts Grandma Camp, and I thought it would be nice to have Tee shirts to wear when we got messy- which should be most of the time. Camp will last till Wednesday evening when I think we'll invite the kids' Mom and Dad for a picnic, and to see what we have done in those days.
I'm hoping to do a craft with newspaper. It won't be just a craft.. but an enormous craft and it will take some time.
Of course, I'll be taking pictures of our project, and filling everyone in daily on it's progress.
Wendell is dubious in regard to the project, but I'll bet he'll enjoy helping too.
I have a few other things lined up for kids, and I think we will be concentrating our efforts on helping each other and learning together.. well, I don't want to give it away.. so you'll just have to wait and see what happens each day.
Meals are being planned, and we will be learning how to set the table correctly. I needed to know that too.. I'm much too layed back...... but was surprised that the key is "If it doesn't go with the meal, it shouldn't be on the table"... Again, I dont' want to give too much away.. but we are gonna have some fun.
Free time , as usual , can be spent climbing trees, playing in the mud even if we have to make it ourselves, and riding bikes.
Provided we have the correct weather conditions, we will have a campfire each evening.. I can smell the 'smores now !!! Mmmmmmmm !
My only regret is that we don't have the Valentine kids here to join us. I hope next year they will be able to make it. Next year I'll be retired and won't have a work schedule to get in the way.. that is, scheduling vacation weeks... it'll ALL be vacation weeks! We will be more able to coordinate all of our schedules and have a whole week of fun things to do.
Okay! It's time for this grandma to get busy and get things ready for the week..
Have a super duper day, bloggers!

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

Well you really are a busy little bee. I hope the kiddos don't wear you out too badly.

Are you going to make a pinata?