Friday, April 11, 2008

This is David. He has to be one of the sweetest little guys I've ever had the honor to know. I was so pleased to have 4 of the 5 Blair children here today. We packed a LOT of fun into our time.
When they got here they asked if they could have s'mores. Alas, I had no chocolate, but that never stopped them.. they had s'mores without the chocolate. David was excited about his. He commented to me "Gramma.. I have a marshmallow cheeseburger".
We sat down together and watched Ice Age.. a good movie.
and then we headed outside where we spent the rest of our time.
The biggest attraction here is always the chickens.. and today was no different. David found some of the daffodils blooming in the yard and picked me a bouquet. He was so happy to share them.



Annabelle found them too when we were walking together. She surprised me by taking my finger and holding on while the big kids were up in the woods checking things out. She, too, was impressed with the fresh clean beauties in the yard.




































"Be careful Joyce-this is a wild stallion"

















We all had fun on the swings.. everyone but me, of course. Annabelle squealed and laughed as we pushed her on her little swing. I enjoyed watching.

They all loved being outdoors today.. me too.


One of the best parts of spring is when we have a decent day to go outside and fly our kites. That was another thing we did today.
This is one of my favorite things.. but this year, I can't do the movements needed to get the kite in the air. Each of the children took a turn however and had them in the air. Well, not Annabelle, but she loved being right there as the kites soared behind her older siblings.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Great pictures!