Friday, May 08, 2009



I'm way confused today. We got up super early to make Wendell's stress test appointment by 7am. He was to have NO coffee, tea, or chocolate all day yesterday, then nothing by mouth from midnite to this morning.. We got there okay, but when I walked in after Wendell, the office staff asked me to get his Proventil inhaler.. which I did. They decided to cancel him today. He has 'crackles' in his lungs and they thought it might be fluid. So he has to take the Lasix for 3 days to get excess fluid removed. I rescheduled him for the 20th of this month. Truly, I think it was the last day without a major appointment (other than weekends)

I thought I was tired after the office on Tuesday- I was so tired today, I layed down, set the clock screamer for 1 hour, and immediately fell into a deep sleep .. and put at least 3 hours of dreaming into that. This was funny to me, as I woke up serving cake and was totally disoriented and tried to shut off the cell phone rather than the screamer.. that's tired.

The dream was strange. It was Wendell's birthday and we had this little picnic planned.. like 6 hot dogs and no burgers. Very little food, but adequate for the two of us. Then the guests started arriving and I was so concerned that I had to make hot dogs, but only had 6. I was thinking to myself "I sure hope they already ate at home". I looked outside and saw this huge mob in the front yard. Now, Wendell decided to be helpful and cut his cake and gave my cousin Doris the first slice. It looked to measure 4" x 4" and there were 2 slices together on one plate. He said to me "I think YOU should cut the rest of the cake". So I went to cut it, and it was a round, one layer cake.. about 10" diameter. .. and half of it was on Doris' plate! I was trying to cut super tiny pieces to feed everyone else when the screamer rudely interupted me, and I had to wake up.. Wonder what I ate that brought THAT on?

The Z's are due back home today some time. Not sure just when or if even..

No comments: