Saturday, September 01, 2007

YORKSHIRE PUDDING

I've been on the search/lookout for recipes that have nutritive value but no yeast/sugar.
This morning I had something delicious that fit the bill~ Yorkshire pudding.
It reminded me of my mother's cream puff shells.. but the pudding is softish and the flavor comes from the eggs and butter. Yummy.. I ate 5 of them with my coffee- no guilt.

1c flour
1c milk
3 eggs
Mix ingredients in middle sized bowl

heat oven to 375 degrees

large muffin tin- 12 cups
put about 1/2 tsp butter in each cup
place this in the oven while it's heating to melt the butter

divide the batter evenly in all the cups
place in oven for 5 minutes, then turn the heat to 350 degrees
and bake for 25 minutes more.

They puff up and then sink when you take them out.. they are very airy inside- easy to eat a lot of them. The butter really adds the flavor.
I can imagine these would be good with maple syrup drizzled over them.....yummy!

No comments: