Sunday, December 23, 2007

I had a good night's sleep and am up and dressed and ready for church today. Hooray!! Finally!!
No ice, but there are many advisories for strong winds this morning. This is something I can deal with without too much discomfort.
Speaking of discomfort, I am doing well with the shoulder rotator cuff problem. For some reason, it isn't hurting like it did initially. Amazing for that type of injury. Of course, I'm not testing it out much. I don't lift heavy packages.. and I'm careful when I reach for anything.
Amen.
Well.. today is our family Christmas dinner at Vulhops. We shall meet after church today with each of us bringing something to offer to the meal. It won't be a regular meal, but more like "grazing" and enjoying the fellowship of our family.
Mandy and I were up late last night finishing up the last of the preparations for the things we are taking today. Vegetable pizza.. and packing the cookies in tins. The shrimp is in the refrigerator still frozen, but will be just right by the time we get to our destination. We have meat and cheese trays to arrange yet, and one big veggie tray. YUMMY!!!! Oh, and the olive and pickles.. we can't forget those!
So glad Paul got the family van running again. It's gotta be really hard to go anywhere when you have 5 children and one disabled vehicle. Atta boy, Paul!!
It was so quiet at work last night you could hear a pin drop were it not for the beautiful music coming from my little CD player. I find not being busy makes me so tired. I have to sit at a desk and answer the phone.. few orders and NO admits. WOW!! Some kind of record going on here I think. I was the only secretary as is the case on all my weekends. The other secretary works from 7a to 7p, and I show up at 3p till 11:30p. Yesterday it was so quiet she left at 3pm when I arrived. Good for her! Our census is really down.
So.. I finally got the go ahead to leave early last night.. at 10:45pm.. well... every little bit helps. I really wanted to go home at 7pm.. but you take what is offered.
Time to get on my way..
Merry Christmas bloggers.

No comments: