Friday, June 13, 2008

It's been a rough week for everyone in the office this week. I didn't have it nearly as bad, as 3 of my days were infusion days.. but I could tell the others were working with very thin life lines.
I slept poorly again last night.. coughing, what else? I had no way of contacting my one patient I had to infuse to tell her I would cancel today, so I went on in and did her infusion. I told the boss I would be leaving at noon. I don't think I made a lot of people very happy.. sorry about that.. but sometimes I just have to stop and rest a while.. I did this today after I got home. I slept again till 4pm.. peacefully. The office manager is stressed out from the move and all the responsibilities.. I know this is so because twice today I handed her papers stating what I did and the results.. and then told her verbally. 10 minutes later, she appeared in my office and asked me if I'd done anything with those 2 charts.. hmmmm.. methinks a day or 2 off will help a lot. The doctor is now out of town for 2 weeks so things will be calmer I'm certain, though I've already been approached to work Monday..but Wendell has a doctor appointment and I'm going with him. I originally told her I wouldn't be there Monday, but with patients coming Tuesday, I guess I better show up after lunch to make sure things are as they should be.

Well it finally happened... that which I've been dreading. We got a bill today for Wendell's health insurance. I've been begging for a form to fill out since February.. actually before that. I retired in February. Our insurances were paid that month, but from March till now.. I couldn't get the person responsible for sending out the paperwork to actually do so. So I found out the address and the amount of his insurance, and in May and June have made payments.. good thing, the bill says we owe $1900+.. but actually it'll be just over $1100 to bring us to the end of July.
We have the $$ to pay it, but mine will be an extra $500+ when the first bill arrives for me- my guess is mid-July.
The sad thing is that this is my California cash that I was planning to use when I visit Nicki. I may have to postpone that trip a little while till this mess settles.
I had said to Wendell at one point.."God is preparing us for a big bill in the future, elsewise we wouldn't have this cash reserve and I wouldn't be working all these extra days." He provides for all our needs, and so on faith, I know when the time comes for me to make the trip to see Nicki, He will provide it all.

Warm here even yet..it was 81 degrees about an hour ago.. it was a sunny day and I loved it all.
Glad the weekend is here. I'm very anxious to go to church this week. Please pray that I'll sleep well Saturday night, without coughing, so I can make the trip on Sabbath morning.

No comments: