Monday, October 20, 2008

It's cold.. 29 degrees at 9am. Brrrrrr! We should get to 63 today. Gotta find my long sleeve shirts.

I slept a lot yesterday. Not sure why, but I was very tired all day. I slept all night too and woke up to Quinn and Rose. I enjoy listening to talk radio. I feel a concern that if the liberals take over the government, they will be gone as well as Beck and Rush. Just more of the freedoms that would be taken away under the liberal administration.
They are playing with the internet too. That annoys me also. I've been on the internet since 1997 when I only knew one other person who had an email addy- my cousin Karen. Since then, it's exploded and it's hard to find anyone who DOESN'T have an email addy.
Too much government involvement and we won't have that either.. or the government will find a way to own it too. I've used it for researching family history for years, and educating myself otherwise.. as well as a communication tool for our family and friends.
I love my BLOG and use it as my own personal journal that YOU are welcome to read if you wish. I plan to make a hard copy of it all before the government says I can't have my own opinion about anything.
In the mean time, I will continue to be outspoken about my world around me, my family and friends.
I've changed my Blog Name.. to According to Jemit.. I like that better. My email addy for the blog is the same, just the title has changed.

Things that annoy me:
1. Voter fraud.. too much .. can we not have a legal election? What's with Americans anyway?
OH.. I guess it's not patriotic Americans that are the problem.. illegal aliens, and those anti American groups that figure they can't win one legally. There are places that have more voters on the books than the population of legal voters..
2. Lying politicians.. Just for once during my lifetime, I'd like them to be honest with the people of this great nation. I want to see their agendas.. and then make an intelligent decision. And how about when a valid birth certificate is requested by the public and the courts, and the candidate won't produce one? That makes me think that there is fraud here.. perhaps one doesn't exist? Why not settle the issue and present the REAL one?
3. Taxes.. I remember the slogan of long ago.. "no taxation without representation".. it couldn't be more true today. We the people have no representation in congress. It's a renegade group of non patriots elected. Their promises are worth nothing, and their attitudes are elitist. They were elected to SERVE THE PEOPLE and vote accordingly. But they seem to be interested only in groups that pay them big bucks for their votes. Instead of reflecting the citizen's desires, they have decided that we, the people, don't have any brains.. and only they have enough sense. I hope the public will vote every one of them out of office.. I'd like the slate cleared totally.
I find them all cold and calculating.
4. Too much government.. schools need to get back to basics and be able to teach the important things.. reading, math, actual history (not the re-written one), civics, good literature (you know- the classics?) ..

Well, there are a lot more things that annoy me, but I'll talk about them at another time. Right now, I feel better for having gotten these things off my chest.
Our forefathers had good sense.. we should be remembering true history, the longer I live, the more convinced I am that we need to return to our roots:

"Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is useless. Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good.

Psalm 127:1 NLT

"Benjamin Franklin is best known for his inventions (lightning rod) and his aphorisms ("early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise"). But he was also a key figure when the thirteen colonies were giving birth to a new nation.

At the age of 81, Franklin was the oldest representative at the 1787 Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia. Weeks after the convention began, representatives were still haggling about the relative voting power of large states and small states. Then Franklin stood up and said,

"In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for the divine protection. Our prayers, sir, were heard and they were graciously answered.…Have we now forgotten this powerful Friend? Do we imagine that we no longer need his assistance? I have lived a long time, and the longer I live the more convincing proof I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men.…We have been assured, sir, that 'except the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain that build it,' and without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel."

The verse from Psalm 127 had its effect. A compromise was soon worked out, and a Constitution ratified by the states the following year.

adapted from The One Year® Book of Psalms with devotionals by William J. Petersen and Randy Petersen (Tyndale) entry for October 27"

No comments: