Saturday, October 18, 2008


Whew! After all my work sweeping the leaves off the porch and walkway, they are back again.. and wet.. Rats! It's a never ending job when you live among all the trees. Our usually gorgeous colored maple by the house just turned brown and dumped it's leaves all over.. it's sad to see the semi bare branches now.. and a sure sign of impending winter.. oh, the "W" word.

Friday I finally went in for this week's allergy shots. I've had a welt on my arm since last Friday when I had the last shot. I've been getting reddened areas, but this one was raised up like a huge hive, about the size of a half dollar, and intensely itchy. Cortizone cream worked well to keep the itching controlled. I had called in on Monday, and they have adjusted the dosages of the shots to about half the dose, and now have the pollen in the right arm, and the molds in the left. When I left, the nurse said "I'd bet the right arm will be your problem".. I disagreed, and I was right. Before I even got to my car parked outside the office building, the left one started to react and itch.. and before I got home with my Benadryl Cream, it was intense. The Benadryl helps a lot.

UPS came yesterday with a book I'd ordered on Wednesday from Barnes and Noble. I'd ordered one for Wendell from Amazon, and though they are normally super fast, it hasn't arrived yet. The book I ordered is called Heaven by Randy Alcorn and so far it's been hard to put down. I do highly recommend it to anyone who has any question about what Heaven will be like. I'm learning that I really had some misconceptions, and I am not alone. It's given me a new view of the place I want to be for eternity, and all scripturally based.. it's there in the Bible, but I just didn't put it all together like Mr Alcorn does.

It's after midnight, and I'm needing to go back to bed. I've been sleeping for several hours, but woke up .. awake. Today I have to get the basic laundry to the laundromat. It's getting out of hand. I've put it off because of my back.. since early Thursday it's been giving me fits. The SI joint is out and makes even lying down nearly impossible. I've been missing a lot of restful sleep the past few nights. I layed down today with my book, put the CPAP mask on because I was drowsy too, and fell asleep before supper, and then early tonite. There is definitely improvement.

OH.. did you hear that McCain is going to reduce Medicare coverage? Yeah.. not really, just a liberal scare tactic. Actually, I expect the next thing will be an announcement that SS will be cut or eliminated too.. another scare tactic. Actually, I read that SS will be increased substantially in 2009. There are some of the elderly, however, who will believe the tactics and I don't believe it's fair to them to try to frighten them... that's cruel.. consider the source.

No comments: