Monday, January 11, 2010

time for some whine...

I have a lot on my plate.. if you prefer, don't bother reading this post, as I just need to whine a bit...
I had my yearly visit with my PCP today.. and told him about all the pain I'd been having steadily for over a month.. well before we moved. It's in all my muscles and joints.. in fact, I can sit comfortably for about 5 minutes, and when I try to get up, my entire body revolts. It hurts pretty badly. I had gone in with fibromyalgia on my mind, and that's what the doctor thinks too. I have taken the 'big gun' pain meds with little to no relief most of the time. Sometimes I can actually feel better, but not often..
I enjoy sitting down to watch a movie, but when I try to get up, the pain shoots all over my body and when I do finally get on my feet, they don't cooperate.. and I am left just standing without walking. Very frustrating.
So yesterday morning I took the muscle relaxer Soma to help me through the day. It worked better than the pain killers, so I thought maybe I'd take one at bedtime. Big mistake. I felt as if my body was on overload all night, couldn't find a comfortable position no matter what, and my fussing and moaning kept Wendell awake too. Forevermore.
The doctor advises against taking this stuff at bedtime since instead of dragging me down, it does just the opposite.
Despite it all, other than last night, I have been sleeping very well. But I never move all night normally, and when I get up in the morning, I use the quad cane until I get moving better.
So I guess I have to make an appointment with my rheumatology employer and have him treat this with whatever.. Lyrica? Can't afford it.
Tomorrow is a long office day.. I'm really concerned about doing the entire day.. I don't feel strong right now.
I'll talk to my boss..

No comments: