Sunday, April 23, 2006

PSALM 32

What blessedness for him whose guilt
Has all forgiven been!
When his transgressions pardoned are,
And covered is his sin.

O blessed the man 'gainst whom the Lord
Counts no iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is not
Deceit or treachery.

When I kept silent, my bones aged;
My groaning filled each day.
Your hand oppressed me day and night;
My moisture dried away.

Then I to You admitted sin,
Hid not my guiltiness;
I said, "I will before the Lord
Transgressions now confess."

Then You did all my sin forgive
And take my guilt away.
For this when You are near at hand
Let all the godly pray.

The rising floods will harm him not.
You are my hiding place.
And You will comfort me with songs
Of victory and grace.

this is undoubtedly one of my favorite Psalms..... there are so many favorites. Psalm 32- if you want to hear the tune we sing to these words, click here.

No comments: