Thursday, April 06, 2006

FEELING WEARY

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:29-30 "

Rest... that's what I need the most at the moment. I've been up since 4am.. it's now 5pm.
I need to take a snooze.. maybe after supper.
Wendell says he's had a good day. I was in the office all day till 3pm, and Keith was here when I got home. The guys were watching a war flick, so I decided to do a little blogging.

This morning I had Wendell get on the scales early.... that voice is really grating: "PLEASE! STEP ON THE SCALES!" You feel like barking back to the machine "WELL, ALL RIGHT!"..
But it's just a recording on a little black box.. Funny, I don't remember the voice being so grating when Mom had to be monitored daily... Or maybe it's just that it was 7am and I wasn't ready for so much noise..??
Anyway, Wendell has lost a half pound today. Atta boy! His oxygen sat was at 97%.. yeah, on the toe.. and all the other vital signs are good. So he's doing pretty well.
I was in such a hurry to get breakfast for both of us and then make a lunch for Keith, Wendell and me, that I must have knocked the frozen yogurt out of the freezer without noticing it. Turkey Hill Peach Mango....... Mandy called me around 1pm at the office to tell me I'd better stop for another container... as she found the original beside the refrigerator under a chair. OH, NO! So I stopped at Shop N Save..... I hunted for nearly 30 minutes, asked everyone I saw if they knew where the frozen yogurt was located (even the Pepsi delivery guy)..... no one knew.
Finally, I found it...... only one flavor..chocolate and vanilla swirl. Well, it'll have to do. I knew I couldn't come home without it.
Wendell was pleased that I'd taken the time to get the nightly snack. So supper is about ready- baked chicken tonite- and veggies , and salad, and his baked potato.. and fruit. AND the most important part is that we can again have our snack later tonite- Angel food cake with frozen yogurt and fresh strawberries atop...
All is well at our house. I'm gonna take a rest.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I think I could learn to live on a menu like that!!! I want to come to your house!

Jemit said...

Come right on over!! Bring the kids.....