Wednesday, June 13, 2007

He covers the sky with clouds,
He supplies the earth with rain.
He makes grass grow on the hills.
Psalm 147

The rain came.. hard and from the east, an ominous sign of a bad storm.. Hail the size of nickels was predicted..but none seen here. I watched the trees out the front door.. bending this way and that. The wind was furious. Then the rain pelted down bending over one of Mandy's tomato plants. It fared well.. not broken. But it was quite the storm.. and then it ceased and the rain came straight down and gently. It's over now.. We surely needed some moisture..After the storm.. such peace and lovely moisture on the ground. The temperature dropped from 82 to 67. Comfortable.. coolish.

It's been another wonderful day here in WPA. Too bad the rest of the world can't enjoy life as I am. No one would argue or fuss or fight or have any major disagreement.. peace reigns.
It's a wonderful feeling and very relaxing.
This morning after daily routines were done, I went to PT.. did the usual and came out walking with no pain once again. The SI joint is my trouble spot- a small spot, but it can reduce me to frozen in my shoes when it flares.
I haven't had that sort of pain for quite a while. Let's hope it stays that way.
I went straight home after with the thought of getting started on some of my planned cleaning... and in 15 minutes, I had the cabinet under the bathroom sink totally cleaned and just the barest necessities replaced. Looks good.
I went outdoors and took my trusty 'outdoor broom' with me to sweep the porch and the walkway. It has to be done every day because the chickens come over every morning/afternoon and scratch all the mulch off the plastic on the flower beds. It's a mess.. then they leave little piles of chicken doo on the walk like they are signing their work. Oh, well.. Charlie loves them, so what can I say? I just keep sweeping up after them daily.
On to the kitchen after a break... ah.... the counters.. still looking so cluttered.. so I cleaned out the cabinet I hadn't finished yet and relieved the area of spices, extra salt and a couple of boxes of green tea.. Then I started moving items around and found the waffle iron fit perfectly in that cabinet along with the spices.. Not a final home, but good for now. The mixer went on a top shelf.. I scraped the pizza stone, bagged it and put it away too. Now I was getting somewhere.. Straightened up the surface area, cannisters, etc.. and discovered I have 4 5# bags of flour unopened.. (Told you it was horribly cluttered).. and one half opened. By the time that 15 minutes was over, it looked amazingly.....uh....can a counter look relaxing? peaceful? It's in order and it makes me feel less stressed. I wasn't sure I could do it, but it's done.
Anyone have any idea what to do with 8-10 boxes of cereal? They are atop the refrigerator now.. Rick would be so proud of me with 10 boxes.. Really, it was just that I didn't know what I had and they kept showing up.. full boxes of cereal.. and then the 3-4 empty ones someone replaced on the refrig.. now they are gone.

That was my plan for the day, mission accomplished. Tonite I have paperwork for the office that needs filled out so there isn't so much to do tomorrow. It's going to be busy- 9 patients.
It there is still time, I plan to remove all the pictures from the refrig and all the magnets.. my, we have so many!

Looking forward to a great evening.. Hope your days are as good as mine have been..
Pray for us..
*

No comments: