Thursday, June 21, 2007

OUR ANNIVERSARY

This was taken so many many years ago behind the church we yet attend.
Kathy Sailor, Steve Blair, Bucky Riggleman, Lucinda Riggleman.. and Dick Riggleman taking a picture while our photographer snapped this one.
It was a warm and sunny day in June.. really beautiful day for a wedding. I do remember that well. It was an indoor wedding however, and guests numbered somewhere around 250. Lots of guests!

Today we celebrated by going out to lunch with my brother and sister-in-law .. it was a wonderful time! I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. The food was so good. Wendell asked me if I remembered what we had for supper the evening of our wedding.. I did .. I had chicken (easy guess) and he had steak.. and we had done it again for lunch today. I had a chicken mandarin salad and he had chopped steak. Yummy!

PT followed shortly thereafter and Wendell said he wished he'd thought to go home with Bill and Carol. We had a horrendous downpour moments after I entered the building while he stayed in the car to read. He said it rocked the car as the wind blew.
When I got out, things looked pretty dry again.. and we headed for home. It wasn't long after we arrived at home that the storm caught up with us again. This time the clouds looked so very ominous, and we had hail.
Carol and Bill came over afterward and we had a good visit again watching our family dvds.

Supper came.. I didn't have anything made yet, and then JJ and Keith wanted to take us out for Father's Day and our Anniversary. So we ended up at Ponderosa- Wendell's pick for today. I had grilled shrimp and Wendell had steak again. He says he gets enough chicken at home. We got home around 10pm..
Thanks JJ and Keith.. we really enjoyed the time we got to spend together.. and the food was super!

I got nothing done at home today other than dishes and my routine things.. but that's okay. This was a special occasion day for us. It's not often we get the honor of having the Imms here and then get to take them to lunch and have the conversation all to ourselves with them. I'm so happy we were able to do that. Bill and Carol have invited us to their place in August for their anniversary and dinner.. hehehehe.. sounds like a plan. I hope we can do it!

It's been a long day for us.. I'm very tired now and need my bed and some sleep. Tomorrow is another day.
PT in the morning.. and then .... well.. it's still up in the air what the plan will be after that.
Pray for us.. and thank you for your continuing prayers. We love you all for that.
*

No comments: