Saturday, June 09, 2007

What a lovely day is in the making.. even if I'm gainfully employed. I've been up and moving since 8am, showered, dressed, face on, hair done, and we have had breakfast. The dishwasher is ready to receive the dirty dishes, and I've wiped down the shower, commode, and sinks. Not only that, but I've also boiled some eggs for an egg salad for my supper, and then went outside to sweep the porch and the walkway. It's time for a cup of coffee and blogging. I have read my Psalms for the day. It's 61 degrees today and the high is to be 77.. lovely spring day. Sunny too.. chance of precip is only 10%. Things are looking so lush and green.. Mandy has little tomatoes on her 2 plants.. lots of them.
Flowers are looking so beautiful. I love spring !
We gathered the asparagus this past week and had it for supper one evening.. oh, fresh asparagus is soooooo good! I made a cheesecake one day this past week also.. it's about gone.. I think one piece left. I was very good. I had only one small slice about an inch at the widest part. It's nice to know it's appreciated. I should make one every month..I may add that to my agenda.
Iced tea.. I think it's time to make a pitcher and use the ice tea maker. It does such a good job. I used to make sun tea.. Hot water in a jar and a few tea bags and let it set on the counter in the sun till it turned brown. It was very good, but I like the machine made tea too. I don't add sugar.. one has to do that to each glass. Wendell is diabetic and I try not to make things that overload him with sugar.
I've worked on the kitchen for a week.. it needs another week.. but I may just move on to the bathroom. It looks good at first glance, but needs some deep cleaning and decluttering of the linen closet. That's on the agenda for next week. I'll continue working on the counters.. one at a time. Cleaning as I go.
It feels great to have such good organization .. it's clear in my mind what I intend to accomplish, but if I don't... well.. there's always next week or tomorrow. I also have glassware to pack up for moving. It will take up one medium sized box.
My plan is to buy new dishes.. new home.. new start.. new dishes. I'm looking at Corelle.. we've used it for years and have been well satisfied with it. But I won't need service for 12 or 16 as we have now. Nor do we need 12 cups for just the 2 of us. Cutting down is hard for me. I'm still in serving 8 mode.. hehehe
So I've gotten rid of all but 6 coffee cups and kept the special mugs. Mandy and I bought flatware some time ago.. each bought one set of good stuff. I'm taking mine with me, and she can either keep the rest or we'll just share..when the need is there. I have a good deep frying pan.. one that can be used for almost anything.. with a lid.. I'll need a few pans/pots yet. I had bought all the pots and pans in sets before. I believe I would like to just by what I like and will use..piece by piece. We have pie pans and cassarole dishes..bakeware. We won't need any new ones there.
The hallway here has big boxes full of things packed for our new home.. one is mostly Christmas stuff. I have craft supplies boxed too. Those will go in my office.
One big box of winter clothes..packed.. ready to store. and I have a tub that I may continue to fill with family history things.. or perhaps any left over winter clothes.. not sure how to best use it.
Family history is in tubs.. about 5 downstairs and the kneewalls hold much more.. it's gotta be sorted before the move. Lots to do here. Moving along slowly but surely.
The table awaits me.. I'm going to clean it off completely today before I go to work. It needs it . We tend to drop things there. Then I'll move on to the glassware and get it ready to be stored. Each piece has to be wrapped carefully and then packed away.

Have a wonderful day.. get out and enjoy the cool air and sunshine.. Pray for us.

Consider it pure joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have it's perfect result,so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
*

No comments: