Saturday, October 28, 2006

BLAHS..

I took this picture of a stargazer lily this summer.. they sure were beautiful.

Friday evening at work was not disappointing.. it was true to form.. the PIPO effect was true to form.. that's 'Patients in-Patients out'.. and is a phenomenon that occurs on weekends- I lost a true count of what happened, but I believe I had 6 discharges and 8 admits.. I lost count. Whatever.. Until about 8pm, I had no less than 12 charts with orders on my rack at any one time.. then the docs stopped coming in and I was able to catch up.
Tonite I'll probably be there by myself again. I don't know why they do that except occasionally we don't need 2 secretaries. So I'd be happy to go home?
The thing is that the daylight secretary also had the same thing happen to her before I got there. She was overwhelmed with discharges and then admissions. I was amazed that she got so much accomplished.
Enough complaining already. I guess I'm just tired. I got home at midnight and I'm awake for some reason at 7am.
Wendell is also up.. he isn't scheduled for work today thankfully. He's still struggling with his GI upset.
I put fresh coffee on..... mmmmm so good.

I've been wondering if and when Trick or Treat night is around here. We rarely get more than one or two.. but we are ready. The grandchildren come for treats and in costume, but they can come any time. In recent years the township has sponsored a party/parade at the fire hall. Then there is one hour on one evening that the children are permitted to go door to door. It really isn't safe any more. Too many lunatics out there posing as normal individuals- makes one paranoid for good reason.

There is a 'high wind warning' for this afternoon.. gusts up to 45 mph.. that's pretty speedy wind, eh?
We should probably topple the swing before it gets moved by a gust of wind into the driveway, or worse, into Mandy's car again.. or someone else's.

Pray for Wendell...he's having a rough time.

No comments: