Sunday, October 01, 2006

OCTOBER IS HERE....

October is here.. it sneaked in last night while I was sleeping. Brrrrrrrrrr!! It makes me feel like turning the heat on all over the house. But I'll refrain from that and just keep the bathroom cozy instead. I still have my window open- I guess it can't be THAT bad.

Last night when I came home I noticed the bush at the side of the house.. Mountain Laurel.. was blooming and has new shoots all over it. ML loves this cool weather. When I bought this little potted plant years ago, the tag on it said "hardy rhododendren". I planted it beside the house, not expecting it to grow much. It's huge now, and definitely NOT what the tag said, although it is definitely a hardy plant~ it'll bloom all winter too.

Wow! In just a few days since I took pictures of our woods, the colors are beginning to really show.. I'll take some pictures tomorrow..

It is the Sabbath day...... "Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it Holy".. so says scripture. Of necessity, I will be at the hospital today.. but my heart longs to be in church with my family.
May the Lord bless you all this day.

No comments: