Tuesday, October 17, 2006

LAKE BLAIR

It's almost 9am and it looks like 9pm....dark.. chilly, and rainy. I knew it was a rainy day before I even looked outside. Yeah.. the joints are afire today. Ugh. I wonder how Wendell is faring in all of this? He has the same problem with his joints now, and he left for the park before 6am.
When I did look out the front door, I could almost see waves on Lake Blair.. well, the wind is blowing and it looks that way. If it were brighter outside, I'd take that picture. Now, I hesitate to complain about the rain..we surely need it, and it could be SNOW. I cringe to think how much snow would be out there with all the water.
But it is 49 degrees and no snow in sight... yet.

Last night I had a call from the nursing office asking me to come in early today to cover a sick call.. I was already scheduled for 11am. I balked at the earlier time..but before I could make a decision, they called me back and asked if I'd just do my regular shift at 3pm.. I agreed to that and I'm glad I did. I'd have to be leaving for work in another hour+..if I had kept the original schedule.

Yesterday I made a pork roast for supper.. garlic/herb.. it was perfect. I made it in the crockpot with a liner..the clean up was done in a matter of moments. We had fresh canned cake for dessert. No frosting or topping.. just plain super moist cake..mmmmm..We opened one chocolate and one yellow cake last night. There were 10 jars. Canned cake keeps fresh for 6 months..though we have kept it up to a year .. well, one jar just to see what it would taste like. Most of the time, it's gone long before the 6 months.

Well, time to hit the shower. Ambulating will be a challenge today. Tylenol to the rescue !!
Pray for our leaders..that God's spirit would rest on them. Pray for peace.
Remember to pray for Wendell too, and for me if you would.....we are sore today.
And also for Aunt MaryJane and Uncle Bob.. and Nicki too.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Mom...I just had to comment on this one. While I like just about everything you can...including your cake...I just find that one way over the top...What with all of the quick mixes available today....you are just too funny! HA. When you come out...bring your canner and we will can chicken!!! This week it is $1.29 for boneless skinless breasts...WOW!

Jemit said...

you are funny.. hehehe..
the idea of canned cake is that it's available on the shelf for 6 months. If we decide to have cake, we open the jar..no baking needed at this point. It's baked in the jar. So while you are heating up your oven, I'm reaching for fresh cake on my pantry shelf.

Jemit said...

and WOO HOO Chicken at $1.29/lb !! That's a deal !!
Yes, I'll have my canner with me next time I visit you.

Wendy said...

Alright, alright...you got me there!