Tuesday, October 24, 2006

TOPIC OF THE DAY

Well, you expected balmy, hazy hot and humid? I think not. Weather is on everyone's mind and lips this morning.. No, no accumulation other than when I got home last night in a blinding snow storm. But it's all gone this morning. It's 36 degrees with a high of 40 expected.
The cars all had a layer of the white stuff when I got home last night. I park in the parking garage where I work, so my car was clean when I started for home.
I'm not gainfully employed for the next 3 days .. WOO HOO!! I slept in this morning and kept snuggy under my fleece blanket.
There is much to do here.. we aren't ready for winter yet. So my work is cut out for me. Tomorrow I see the dentist for some work on a tooth that has given me problems since last summer (2005). It'll be a relief to have it capped finally. I had the root canal done back then, but with the stroke in December and then Wendell's heart surgery, it took a back seat to all that. So I'll be happy to have it worked on. My dentist is wonderful and does the work nearly pain free. I'm allergic to Novocaine, so she uses Carbocaine plain. I've bottomed out too many times to use regular Novocaine.
Yesterday Wendell saw the orthopedic surgeon about his knees. He had Xrays of his knees from a different view and then his hips too. The verdict is that he needs more study done of the knees via MRI before he makes a definite decision just when he can have knee surgery. Though his right knee causes him more pain, the left is damaged worse. The doctor feels that the arthritis in his right hip is causing referred pain to that knee. So the left knee is the problem one even though it is not as painful as the other. I believe he is scheduled Nov 1 for the MRI.
In the mean time, he'll complete the Synvisc injections in his knees (he has #1 injection in the left now) and that should give him some pain relief.

Well, bloggers, I'm off to get dressed and start my day. Have a wonderful one yourselves.
Remember to pray for us.. Wendell is out there at the park and it's bound to be cold where he's working. He's been having GI problems too.. pray for him please.

No comments: