Monday, October 30, 2006

WENDELL..

Sorry to have left so many of you in a ?? this morning when I took Wendell into the emergency room. I just needed some prayer and quickly.
We got there and waited a long time.. never did get to triage. But let me start from the beginning.
I called his PCP and had to leave messages..twice.. then called the GI doctors office. They advised me to take him to the ER..so that's what we were doing. Wendell has to have a colonoscopy some time soon. Diarrhea has left him so weak and worn. This morning he complained of severe abdominal pain, and that was the deciding moment. (he has had a round of colitis for almost 2 weeks now)
While we were waiting in the ER waiting area, his PCP called and I explained what was happening. They said they would take him immediately if I could get him to the office, which is just a couple blocks from the hospital..so that's what I did. I signed out of the ER and took him right away.
The doctor didn't waste a lot of time with him.. examined him pretty thoroughly and then ordered blood work which he had done right there. Stool specimens will be tomorrow. His PCP has requested a visit to the GI doc asap.
So........ that's where we are. Oh, he did get a prescription for Lomotil- a powerful med that should relieve his violent peristalsis and also the BRAT diet.. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce,and Toast.
We are home now and hoping the directives will be working in the next hours. Will keep you all posted.
Keep him in prayer please..

No comments: