Sunday, October 15, 2006

FROSTY MORNING

Brrrrrrrrr !! It's a frosty morning. I noticed last night when I got home that all the cars parked here had a thick layer of frost on them. By now, mine does too. I use the parking garage at the hospital, so I never have to clean my windshield of frost or snow in the winter when I'm at work. I'm thankful for that. By the time I'm ready to leave today, it'll all be gone.
Already I find myself longing for spring.

Wendell has developed the first cold of the season. He's having a time of it. Mandy and John have both had it, but I've been spared so far. I'm stuffy, but I believe mine is more allergy from the falling leaves.

I had a difficult night at work last night. There was no daylight secretary, and when I got there at 3pm, things were in a disaster state, though the 2 nurses who were "honorary secretaries" for the day had done their best. Of course, as always, when I ask for help, there is none to assist. But at 8pm, I finally did get another secretary to help clean up the last of the charts with orders. It seems like on days like this, all the doctors who have problems with longhand writing appear in number. It takes so long to read the order, some days I think I'd like to just make a pile of "unreadable" and go on to other charts that I can read without difficulty. It wastes so much time when you can't read what is written on the order sheet.
And yes, we have a program where we can fax the orders with unreadable pages... it takes time to do that too.

Okay.....enough whining and on to today! Have a good one. I'll be gainfully employed again.. I hope it won't be a repeat of yesterday.

No comments: