Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Missing

It's been more than 48 hours and Thomas is still not home.  Starting to become concerned.
The 2 days prior to his leaving he refused all the food we put out for him.  I have to admit, the feathers nestled in his paws gave me a clue that his love for birds had returned despite being well fed on the back deck.
Thomas is a black feral tomcat who came to stay with us during the blizzard 2 winters ago.  He made himself at home and we continued to feed him just because he refused to leave.  :) 
He's not much of a fighter and usually gets the short end of the stick when he does. 
In the past 2 years, I've bought dry cat food and the occasional canned.  Last week I broke down and bought 12 cans of the canned stuff he begs for.. Now, I have 12 cans of food and a huge bag of his favorite Meow Mix. 
I hope he returns.. but he's a free-spirit and I just don't know.

No comments: