Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Foto Friday: Architecture

Today is Wednesday. I'm posting my Foto Friday pictures today as I won't be around on Friday to do so. No pictures from Joyce this week.. we have t figure out a Blog for her so she can do it from home.

Architecture was an interesting topic. The city where I live has many interesting buildings with gargoyles atop them.. but I never got into town to get them.. so in preparation for our trip this week, we visited a quaint little town called Saxonburg. It's a most beautiful little village... and it has a claim to fame world wide too..
Join in the fun on Foto Friday at Rebecca's blog.. the more the merrier!


At the one end of Saxonburg is a place called Roebling Park named for the man who founded Saxonburg and also designed the Brooklyn Bridge.
This is a gazebo at one side of the park.



This is a replica of the Brooklyn Bridge




Across the street from Roebling Park is this interesting building that was once a home for some wealthy resident.. now it is an insurance agency.


The intersection of Main Street and Saxonburg Blvd.. one of 3 churches in this tiny village. I thought it's design was unique.


On the opposite corner is the UP Church with its arched glass windows and the thingy atop that looks like butterflies, though I didn't get a clear enough picture to zoom in on it. Sigh......

On the other side of town is the huge stone Lutheran Church.
I think it odd that churches have red doors. Someone called that to my attention one day.. I'd never noticed before that. Anyone know what the significance of red doors is?









4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those three churches are so unique. My husband Pastors a tiny rural church that has white clapboard siding and a steeple with a cross....so the one church reminded me of here :)

Rebecca said...

You did an EXCELLENT job this week Jemit! That top one is stunning, among others. Very well done!

Full of Grace said...

Great Job! I loved how you actually got out there this week and captured architecture true to your area (I wanted to but didn't have the time) Really Nice~ :)

Anonymous said...

These are so good! I couldn't pick a favorite. :)