Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I have a suspicion that we are going to go from an extended spring right into fall. It's been a very moderate summer so far with only one day above 90. It's 68 right now and wet. Not raining, just nothing has dried out for the past few days.
We had a blistering thunder buster Tuesday evening that came out of nowhere seemingly, hit hard, caused a 7 hr power outage, and was gone in minutes. Office today was good but I was so very weary after. I wasn't sure I'd make it through. I got up today with a horrific backache which I assume is weather induced. It's still with me and makes it hard to walk by times. I finished up around 3pm and as I went to the front of the office to check out, I noticed a blinding pouring down rain... a pounding rain that made 6" rivers in the parking area- it looked like the pictures on tv of hurricanes. I wondered if and/or when my car would come whooshing down past me. I'd cracked my car windows this morning and realized everything was gonna be soaked- so I made a dash for it with papers safely in plastic and keys in my hand. I was totally drenched before I got 3' from the door. UGH. Soaked through and through.. and the rain had indeed wet the inside of the car- I literally could squeeze water out of my steering wheel cover. For evermore.
I got home where it looked like we'd had some rain, but not the downpour of the city. I struggled out of the car and got inside where things were dry. I got a snack to eat and then layed down for a 1' nap.. which ended up a 4 hour nap.. and I just woke up. I had a bite of chicken that was supper tonite.. and then realized I was now chilled to the bone and still damp from earlier in the day. I'm still having a bit of trouble ambulating.. not sure which is worse, but together it's just not pleasant.
Patients did well today. Only one got more than 1 stick (((boo))).. but then when I finally did get her going, it was a dandy. One patient had her usual infusion reaction, but safely completed the infusion. I suppose the day was status quo in reality.

The new chimney here is really looking beautiful. The guys are almost done. Tomorrow should do the trick I 'm sure. It looks a lot different without chimney blocks..and now bricked.
Pictures later.. before and after. I don't have the energy to retrieve the camera and upload tonite.

No comments: