Monday, June 07, 2010

Friday Photo Fun- Animals

This week's challenge is ANIMALS... next week we will be looking for things associated with NATURE. Get your camera ready and go out there looking for some good shots..

Though I had a pretty good shot at animals this week, the one I chose was the baby robin that was learning to fly. It's parents sat above it on a power line screeching when the baby fell into the grass and Thomas went over to take a look. I'm certain he would have done more than look if I hadn't intercepted him after hearing the commotion outside.

I tried to help by picking the baby up and putting him on higher ground. I thought he was injured at first as he just hopped on the ground. He sat on my hand for a few moments. My photo is out of focus, but okay at a distance.

I do wish this had come out sharper. The robin just sat there looking at me.
This is Thomas after I shamed him and sent him back to the deck. He likes birds.. too much I'm afraid.


Since Rebecca is not going to host
her Foto Friday for the summer, I want to keep trying to improve my photography skills. So I have a Linky at the bottom of my page where
YOU can also keep working on skills. Here are the rules:

1. The picture should be taken by the person entering it.

2. The picture should be related to the weekly topic.

3. Age is not an issue- all ages invited.

4. Pictures entered should be taken the week of the challenge. If

you have to use a picture from archives, please state it's origin.

As we go, we will learn tricks and techniques from each other. This week we are going to look at
ANIMALS. Anything goes with animals. Take your best shots.
The link will be open from today to next Friday when the topic will change.
Get your cameras out and if you have questions, let me know and I'll help you as best I can. Remember, this is a new adventure for me too.
Here is your link:

No comments: