Sunday, June 06, 2010

This and that

It is the Sabbath.. we didn't make it to church today.. We are both well, but the storm outside has caused our power to go off at a most critical time- the time when we would be getting our showers and prepared for worship. It is discouraging to say the least. I called Paul to let him know we wouldn't be there, but to come anyway for lunch. I put a pork roast in the oven and covered it totally with Paul's home made sauerkraut. I must say, the house smells heavenly about now. I did this at 7am.. it'll be well done when they get here. I had Joyce prepare our frozen dinner rolls before she left yesterday, and then baked them last evening- 2 dozen super de duper rolls! Now, all we need is mashed potatoes! I do wish my hands would permit me to peel REAL potatoes, but alas, they just won't. I can peel 1 or maybe 2 , but generally we have to use the powdered variety, so I buy the best brands, not generic. Potato Buds are usually the best purchase because not only are they name brand, but they have the Boxtops for Education on them and we save them all for Valentines.
I'm so very thankful that we chose gas for our range rather than electric or we would have had a semi cooked pork roast today for sure. The power has gone off no less than 4 times, and it's back on for the moment. The gas range just keeps on cooking. YAY!
Friday came and went and the link for Foto Friday just isn't there. I checked all day Saturday, and no, no link. Hmmmm I do hope Rebecca isn't having a problem.. I hope she's just busy with their little farm. I had totally forgotten Foto Friday after coming home from Valentines last week, but this week, I thought my entry was pretty good, the topic being HAPPY.
Hope to see Rebecca back this week some time.. I'll keep checking.

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

Couple things... why don't you get showers the night before church? That would help with the whole getting ready thing in the AM.

Also, try red-skinned potatoes. You can mash them with the skins on and they are YUMMY, plus much of the nutrients in potatoes are in the skin.

Sorry we missed your luncheon. I was asked to take care of the horses this evening, so that's where we were. Penny got a cut on her foot that I had to doctor a bit, so afterwards we just went home wet and dirty. Maybe next time... boy that saurkraut sounds good.