Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Saw the doctor yesterday

Yesterday I had a check up at the doctor's office. I have the ultimate in doctors- he LISTENS to me and responds accordingly.
My labs were pretty good, I've lost 12#, and my lungs didn't have any crackles or wheezes (YAY!!!!!!). I got my scripts for various meds I needed.
I've been whining for several months about my right ankle feeling broken. I had an Xray done a couple weeks ago and yesterday I told him about the pain and we read the Xray report together- NO fracture. However, I do have a moderate amount of osteoarthritis in that joint that is giving me fits. I knew something was wrong. So I have a special splint on it's way to wear for a few months till the ankle settles down.
Another of my complaints was this rash I've had for weeks. It's on both my arms, and only on the tops of them. I thought it could be eczema, but he said no, it was a photo reaction to sunlight caused by one of my meds. Oh, yeah.. I'm supposed to stay out of direct sunlight.. but I never had a beautiful deck before and I LOVE sitting out on it. Okay, he says, sunscreen on the arms every time I go outside and suggested a long sleeved shirt to cover them also. Ugh.. 94* and I will be wearing a long sleeved shirt. It could be a lot worse.

I filled 9 gallons of water in jugs this morning and proceeded to water my tiny postage stamp garden. The tomatoes are looking very healthy- all 7 of them. The most of them have blossoms- I got a late start planting. My climbing beans are going up the trellis and onto the deck rails. The flower bed off the deck is coming along fine... I discovered 2 potato plants growing in there too.
It's starting to warm up here- 86* at the airport and it's almost noon.
Gotta pick up scripts today and get Wendell a pair of special sun glasses..

No comments: