Saturday, December 05, 2009

A bit of cheese with the whine?

Okay.. it's that time of year when I get a bit whiny about the weather. I actually sat in front of the tv at 6pm last night and watched the news. When I got up 30 min later, I was irate. They use these trailers to lead in stories.. "next up... so and so did whatever".. I watched 5 of these with great interest and it was NEVER next up.. in fact , I never saw the story because I left the room in disgust. Oh.. here's another little irritation.. the weather.
I can deal with the snow and cold we have today.. it's 29* and flurries. BUT..
the one time I sat down to watch the weather report with all their fancy dancy expensive prognostication equipment.. they were dead wrong. So much for the local weather on the tv. They need a new dart board.
I watched as they explained we would not have ANY snow, and the temperature would hover over 36 at night.. Right! Did I mention it was actually 28* overnight? and that it's snowing?
Weather prognosticator? Nay... weather prevaricator is more like it.

Well.. on to better things. Tonite Wendell and I are being treated to a show at Soldiers and Sailors in Pgh. It's the Raleigh Ringers. We attended one of their shows a couple years ago, and loved them. They perform music using bells.. all kinds and sizes.. and it's magnificent how they make them sing!
Perhaps some pictures later..

No comments: