Friday, June 24, 2011

It's been a wet and yet beautiful day.  Rain is off and on, and just enough to soak the garden good.  Thank you Lord for sending rain.  I've done quite a bit for me today and I'm about ready for a nap.  I think Wendell is already there.  :)  Vacuuming is done, ham and bean soup is on the stove cooking away, I've policed outside, replanted a basil plant, parsley, mint, and 2 stalks of celery.. I hope it grows.  I have never tried celery before, but , why not ??
I took 2 of Charlie's cabbage plants and put them in the kiddie pool in the chicken run garden.. they are doing just fine.  Wish I could say the same for the 10 plants I put in the upper garden for him.  :(
Rabbits.. Wascally wabbits!!  So the trap is set.  Please don't even ask me what I'll do if I catch one.  I just feel better knowing there is a trap set for them... or the groundhogs.  I was a good friend to the groundhogs.. I gave them 3 packs (4 packs in each) of Juicy Fruit gum to chew..   Maybe I should have told them not to swallow it or it'll gum up their insides.. oh, well....
5 babies, mama, and papa groundhog... ugh.

No comments: