Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Good morning all.. today is office day and the reason we returned yesterday from NY rather than today. 8 patients await infusions.. pray for us please.
It's kind of chilly out today with the temperature around 62*.. wet and drizzly. Good for plants of course.. Thank the Lord for the water from Heaven.
I've been reading Philippians and trying to keep in mind that no matter what circumstances I find myself, God will use it to bless me and possibly others. If nothing else, these "inconveniences" teach me patience.
As I pray over these things, instead of saying "Oh, woe is me.. now what?", I am trying to ask myself "How will God use this to make me better or to bless me in some way?" Sometimes it's hard to do, as some things just seem like disasters.. and cause me frustration, but I try then to remember not MY will, but God's will be done. I turn the event over to Him and let Him deal with it. I'm not perfect, but I'm growing in faith and trust, and I remember I'm loved. I want to decrease my complaining and rely more on God, for this pleases Him.
Before we left for NY, I printed out 40 pages of a Bible study on Philippians. I read them all in one sitting- I couldn't put it down. Now then, what would I use for a Bible study? Wendy and I went to a garage sale on Saturday morning and I found a devotional by Spurgeon.. Morning and Evening.. and I bought it for $1. It is most helpful to me and I'm reading it through too.
I bought 3 items at that sale.. all $1. I got a plaque for my new home to come that says "A day hemmed in prayer never unravels".. I loved it and it reflects what I so believe is true.
Time to get moving here..

Have a super day!

No comments: