Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wow! It's the last day of May already. I can't believe how time has flown. I suppose as I get older, the days seem to go faster.
Before we left for Valentines a week ago, I planted some onion sets.. this week we have been enjoying the first crop already. They are so much better home grown. My little herb and flower garden on the picnic table yet, is flourishing. I planted zinnias on Wednesday and by Friday there were all sorts of little green leafy starts.
It's cool today in the mid 60s, but by Monday it'll be nearly 80* and wet. Good for the plants for sure.

Wendell took a nasty fall yesterday morning. He'd just had both knees injected with Synvisc on Friday. He was having a horrific nightmare about wrestling a computer and it tossed him right off the bed and onto the floor. His left knee has an abrasion and is pretty swollen yet. He hasn't been feeling himself lately. He's hoping he'll still be able to have that knee injected with the 2nd dose on Friday. We shall see. Pray for healing.

I really do love spring. I'm enjoying the wild daisies.. oh, so cute and pretty too. There is so much to do here.
In my moments when I'm not doing much outside, I have been cataloging old pictures. All photos need mounted and put with family groups .. that's a broad term, but it's happening. I've got several albums worth now. I'm using acid free everything and all pages are in sleeves to protect them. One day we shall have a huge collection and all in order.

It's the Sabbath day. We did not make it to church, but I was pretty certain we wouldn't yesterday with Wendell's problems and then my back giving me so much grief. I blame it mostly on the weather for my own misery. This morning I soaked in a tub of very warm water and am able to get by without taking any medications for the now discomfort. A lot of my own problem was that I did the laundry at the laundromat by myself yesterday. Usually Wendell comes and helps fold things. Even though I only had 3 hampers, it was a lot for my back.

I have 2 aluminum trays that belonged to my parents. I would like to see them shine again.. anyone have any good ideas?

No comments: