Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wow! This has been a really busy week and I have been wayyyyyy behind on sleep and really tired. Too tired to even blog the past few days.
Monday was a work day here, but I didn't have much energy to do so, so not a lot got done. Tuesday was office day and I came home really exhausted and sore though the load was not heavy. I wonder how much longer I can keep going with this.
Yesterday Wendell had 2 doctor appointments.. The nephrologist says all is well as far as he is concerned and won't expect to see him again until there is a problem. We grabbed a quick lunch and ate in the car in the 2nd doctor's parking lot and had just enough time to finish and run in for that appointment. The pulmonologist checked his lungs carefully and said there is nothing outstanding- that likely what the PA in the cardiologist's office heard was a little COPD and said he could go ahead with the stress test next Wednesday. Otherwise, there are no major issues to address and he can go back in 4 months. Medicare requires him to have more testing for his home oxygen and it has to be done in July, the month before he begins Medicare. So he has the paperwork to do that and while he's there having the testing, he'll also look for a new CPAP mask.. he's considering an oral one.
We got home at a little after 2pm and I put a DVD in to watch while I stretched out on the sofa. I saw the opening credits.. that's it. I woke up with Mandy asking if I'd like to have some pizza. It was 5pm. I was tired all evening and slept all night.. I'm up for office this morning, but I'm also very tired again. My ankles/legs seem more edematous than usual. Could be the excess fluid making me so tired.
Growing old is a delight to me for many reasons, but also carries with it a certain amount of pain and discomfort that I can't seem to overcome. I try to keep moving- I walked to the road yesterday evening and checked my asparagus, but by the time I got back, I was hurting pretty badly. I suppose WEARY describes it best.
Tomorrow Wendell sees the orthopedist. He will likely inject his shoulders for him and reorder the injections for his knees.. Synvisc or Hyalgan.
Sorry for all the complaining.. I just needed to vent a bit.
On to the day

No comments: