Thursday, November 05, 2009

Foto Friday- Dress up

I have to admit.. this one was the most fun of all.. I had to use my imagination and made up a story about 2 elderly couples.. this was their anniversaries.. and the family photo..
So I marched out to the garden and gleaned everything I could find to make my characters.. and 'dress them up'.. for the photo.


Of course, I have to apologize for putting so many pictures on, but I just kept stumbling over shots I've taken over the years.. This one is our daughters.. Amanda (Mrs Zombeck) and Wendy (Mrs Valentine)

I wondered where Gayle got her 'dress up' thing.. and when I stumbled over these pictures of her mother, I realized that it's hereditary.. This is Wendy impersonating (dressing up) Groucho Marx.. Sorry, Wendy, I had to do it. I didn't put Mr T and Hapo on the blog.. but I am tempted.



Grandaughter Joyce on her birthday.. red pumps, purple boa, shorts and a tiara.. a real princess!



I had to scrub these gourds.. Martha's hair is peanut shells and a peanut nose. Her mouth is a carefully sliced piece of Swedish fish.. and the chickens donated a feather to complete here hat. Her eyes are apple seeds.
I'm thankful for glue guns.
Alfred is always in a bad mood.. no wonder, his walnut shell toupe is a bomb. His mouth is a leaf from the bridal wreath (tonite, the bulk of the leaves are gone)

So we have Alfred, Elvira, Martha, Buck, and his black sheep brother Al.


Here's Buck and Elvira.. Buck's eyebrows are leaves off a pine cone. Not sure what they are called.. I call them leaves. His nose is a half of a crab apple.. Always trying to look her best and keep peace in the family, Elvira dressed up with her blond macaroni hair.. still as pretty as the day they married..Her hat is a bachelor button.. there were a couple left in the garden.. we lucked out.

Buck put on a little weight over the years, but Martha has remained svelt..



Clown Wendy and pirate Amanda.. I loved these dress up days..

That brings me to the present.. Annabelle the fairy. You can almost see her wings.. she had a little blue box for her 'treats'.

Always an angel to me, this is our eldest grandchild, Joyce..

As always, please join us at Renaissance for Foto Friday. Submit your pictures and join the fun!









8 comments:

Tracy said...

Buck sure is a cutie!

rain said...

Oh my goodness, I am cracking up . . . I think you can go far with your squashy friends . . . a photo comic strip full of their conversations, lol! Great job!

Bonnie said...

Ha! Love the squash people!

Wendy said...

That was VERY creative Mom. I laughed and laughed at this...I would almost like to hear more about the squash family antics...hahaha. Great job...love the walnut shell toupe!

Unknown said...

LOL! Great shots of the squash! :)

Rebecca said...

oh my goodness! Those gourds are too funny! (I am REALLY impressed with them! How creative you are! That toupe statement though--I just couldn't stop laughing!)

So glad it was fun for you. I love how you think outside the box!

Paula said...

FABULOUS!! LOVE YOUR TAKE ON THIS!!!! And what fun to look back at older pictures - they bring back so many memories!

Full of Grace said...

I Loved the Squash IDEA, So Cute and creative!!!