Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Monday afternoon we had a family get-together to exchange gifts with each other.  I had a great time and I hope my family did too.
I love the white elephant exchange for adults- such fun!  I stole a bird feeder from Jane and am so very very excited to have this gift.  Wendell and I were just discussing whether we could afford to purchase an actual bird feeder and had decided to buy seed no matter this coming pay.  What a great gift this was for us!!!
Paul and Amy gave both Wendell and me NAS versions of the Bible.. something I've been looking for to buy for myself.. and what a treat to find it is in GIANT print!!  I've used the NIV for as long as I can remember.  Now I have NIV, KJV, and the treasured NAS which I'll be using from here on hopefully.
The Vulhops gave us Skype and John hooked it up last night.  Valentines got it too, so we had a LONG chat with them last night.  It was such a joy to see the kids and grandkids.  Anyone who wanted to chat was invited into the computer room to enjoy the Valentine's company.  :)
Last week the Z's gave us a new TV and DVD player.  Yippee!  I can watch movies on that 32" screen.  It is a lot nicer than the old TV.. and last night John hooked up the old one in our bedroom.. will need a universal remote, but that's not a problem..
Love you all.. you have filled in some spots that were on our wish lists for some time in the future.











We never know when we won't have our family around us... it's a delight to have wonderful family.

No comments: