Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good morning.. Today I'll be going to the office, but a little later than usual. I'm up and trying to get awake.. coffee is on.
Yesterday I had a most unusual experience. I have decided to apply for SS benefits early. I read where you can do that online, so I tried last week and the site kept denying me access and finally locked me out for 24 hours. The thing was that all they asked for was my name and SS#. Now, there isn't much one can make a mistake on there, but they denied me access anyway. So yesterday I made a visit to the local SS office. The people there were very helpful and made the corrections to my history that never should have been there in the first place. The problem was that when I changed to my married name, the person entering the data neglected to note my place of birth and thus the computer recognized me as an alien or Non citizen. I was shocked, but glad the error was fixable.
The clerk told me that I was indeed eligible this year and in May, the first of my benefits would be deposited if I made application any time now.
We have been blessed with enough financially to meet our needs each month. It's been very tight sometimes, but we have managed to keep our bills paid and afloat monthly. The extra benefit will provide some 'breathing room' for us.

It's 18 degrees today and actually it should get to about 33 today with no precipitation expected for the moment. It's to be cloudy.. glad the deep freeze is lifting a little. Now we'll deal with melting snow and the ice left behind.

It's 7am.. time to hit the shower.. have a blessed day.

No comments: