Tuesday, January 06, 2009

WHERE IS SPRING????


Around 11am this morning, I looked out of the office window to see freezing rain dropping from the sky. Sure would love to send one of those global warming people out on this stuff. By the time I was ready to go home at 2pm, my car was encased in ice. Yes, we had an ice storm, and though I was able to chip off some of it to get in my car, I had to wait for the defroster to melt the majority of it from my windows. UGH.. I retired last January because I didn't want to EVER have to drive on this stuff again.. alas.. I had no choice unless I planned to sleep over in the office.
I got home safely. Walking in to the house was treacherous however, as it was ice everywhere. There were salt/cinder trucks out.. lots of them. School would be out shortly.
I'm ready for spring... how about YOU?
I felt really sorry for Mandy going out at 6pm tonite on the icy roads. Pray for her safety in travel please? And anyone else you know of who has to be out in these icy conditions.



Wendell and I had a great time in the warm water at the Y yesterday. Not too many folks stick around after 2pm, so we have the pool practically to ourselves. We want to go tomorrow, but those roads have to be dry before I'll go out again.

No comments: