Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's been several days since I posted last. I didn't mean to do that, but my days have been a little tougher than usual. I haven't been feeling up to par, and with the cold, even moreso.
We had some little squall of snow today.. enough to cover my car once again. We seem to be heading for a tropical heatwave- we went from 13 to 15 degrees in the last hour. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, the projected low is to be 14 tonite. It should get up to just under freezing tomorrow. yippee.
My hands are giving me a great deal of discomfort too. Arthritis. yippee again. I've been washing the dishes by hand this week to get them warmed up and apply moist heat directly to them.. my hands as well as dishes. (Smile)
Tomorrow we plan to be in church. We PLAN that, but who knows if we'll actually be able to accomplish it? Pray for us. Tomorrow late afternoon we hope to get the local family assembled to have a nice family dinner and cake for the January birthdays. We have 4 of them. Charlie, Amy, Daniel and Annabelle. We'll be having crock pot chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, and cake & ice cream of course.
I better check the candle situation. I think I have some.. not sure.
Stay warm.. and if you do go out, remember to cover well and dress warmly. There were some areas around here that got a wind chill of minus 30 last night. No wonder I was cold.. but we only had minus 20.

No comments: