Friday, January 30, 2009

Thinking spring


Trees are still coated in ice.. Wendell cleaned the car off this morning. He said there was about 2" of new snow since yesterday. It's snowing yet again and the car is looking whiter by the moment.
It's about 19 degrees at the moment and will likely be in single digits tonite.
This afternoon roads weren't very good. We had to go out, and when we returned, our road was drifting badly.. not to mention our driveway. Our neighbor ( to whom we owe so much) stopped by and plowed us out again.. the driveway was looking pretty bad. John says he has a new best friend..

Wendell and I went to see the endocrinologist today. It was a super good visit. He agreed that weight loss was needed badly and suggested thinking seriously about gastric bypass surgery. The Nephrologist had suggested this as well. Insulin is changed to much higher dosage and directions for combating complications of diabetes are in line. More testing next week will be done to determine whether he has Cushing's syndrome or not. That's an adrenal problem.

It's been a frustrating few days here. I have been missing my crochet hooks and yarn for several months and have nearly turned the house upside down searching for them. I feel the need to crochet and without any hooks or yarn.. well, I'm not going to get far.
Last night Mandy wanted me to make a BC order.. while I was looking for the order book, I stumbled over the crochet hooks and yarn. I had just purchased a new set of hooks and 3 skeins of yarn about 3 hours before. Now, THAT is annoying and frustrating, though the rest of the family just shake their heads and laugh.
On the way to the doctor today, I asked Wendell if he remembered to bring his blood sugar list for the doctor.. "Uh.. no.. I forgot". Now, the purpose of the visit was to get his diabetes under control. I won't say more about that. I had second thoughts about it and decided I'd better ask if he remembered his insulin since we were going out for breakfast..."Uh.. yes.. I have it". OKAY. Moving right along here.. we got to the restaurant and he pulled out his syringe and looked across the table at me .. "Uh.. I forgot the needle." No comments here.
The doctor did a blood sugar 2 hours later and was horrified at the 276 reading. We had to explain the situation with the insulin pen and no needle to inject it. AAACCKKK!!!!

I sure hope this weekend is better than last. The only good thing I can think of is that days are getting longer.. and it's becoming more and more apparent. It is so hard to deal with days that are night time dark at 4pm. I wouldn't do well in Alaska, no , not at all.

I hear there is another big storm coming in the next couple days.. though it's not definitely described yet. From what I've been hearing, it's to be worse than any so far and if not a blizzard, the next thing to it. Yippee. The one warning I did get tonite says there is a band of snow passing through our area which should dump another 1" on us. Yes, I just looked and yes, we are in the midst of it. Nuts.

So.. I'm going to crochet a while and watch Prince Caspian. Have a nice evening all and
THINK SPRING !!!!!!!

No comments: