Saturday, April 18, 2009

wow! This is a record for me.. I haven't signed onto my blog since Thursday, and here it is Saturday evening. I guess I better get myself in gear.
I've been soooooo tired lately. Spring fever? I would guess that. Tonite I am trying to drink a bit more water to get myself well hydrated. Sometimes people get really tired when that occurs. It wouldn't surprise me.. I think I've had 2 cups of coffee and one cup of tea all day.. and that could lead to my tiredness.
It was a grand and glorious day today!!! WARM!!! SUNNY!!! and just so beautiful! Blue skies dotted with white clouds high up.
There is a 70% chance of rain tonite and tomorrow... sigh... we had planned another birthday picnic for tomorrow. One for Jane and me. Well, no matter what, I'll have marked off another year , rain or shine... and we shall picnic inside if not outside.
I've been having an allergy problem this past week. My eyes have been this ghastly shade of red, drippy, and ITCHY!!! I refilled my antihistamine eyedrops, and tonite, I'm itchy but not bad.. and the color is getting more pink than red. For a while I thought I had boulders in both eyes too.. not very comfortable at all.
We had breakfast for supper tonite.. waffles. Yummy waffles. Mandy makes them with blueberries. I have mine plain with SF Mrs Butterworth. Oh.. wonderful!!
At the moment, the dishes are done, and I've cleaned out the refrigerator of any leftovers from the week.. up to yesterday. I saved the spaghetti sauce from last night.. oh.. it smells heavenly. I can't eat it with beef in it, but the smell is mouth watering.
I'm seeing so much wildlife here this year. It's really astonishing how many different animals we have. John said he saw either a coyote or a gray fox recently. I found a nest of baby rabbits in a box... 5 little ones. There are at least 3 rabbits living around us, ground hogs, deer, cats, and the myriad of birds.. there are 4 hawks living close by, crows, wild canaries, and I can't believe the number of robins!
Over the past few months we've been building a trash heap behind the house. The dumpster arrived yesterday and it's already full and ready to go on Monday. While John and Charlie were loading it, they found Fluffy, Charlie's cat that had been gone for some time. She must have crawled in chasing what John thought was a muskrat that had taken up residence in the pile. UGH. Well, it's looking pretty good back there once again. John and Mandy are doing a really wonderful job of clean up and cutting down brush. Monday they will work on the dead and fallen trees near the house.. ones that fell with the big windstorm last fall.
One of the funniest things to find in the pile was 2 dozen brown eggs in a box. One of the hens had been going in every day and laying her eggs. Charlie took them all and disposed of them, but shortly thereafter, there were about 6 more in the same area. Silly chickens!
Sadly, we had to get rid of the swing set we've had since the grandkids were small. (not that they are that much bigger now).. but it was kind of sad. John tried to move it and one leg buckled and he noticed it was rusted almost clear through at the top.. definitely not safe for kids to play on. So it's now dismantled and gone.
If it's not raining too hard tomorrow, I'll be taking a short walk to the asparagus patch out by the road. I'm really hungry for it, and it was due to pop up April 10th.. but it's been so cold and not wet and warm enough to make it grow yet. We shall see tomorrow. Now, THAT would be a real birthday gift!
Speaking of birthday gifts.. I got 2 tonite from the Z's... one is a beautiful basket lined with fabric that one puts yarn in when they crochet. I'll have to take a picture of it.. It has an eyelet at the top where the yarn goes through so my yarn doesn't have to run all over the floor while I try to crochet.. nor do I need that box any more..the one that held the yarn so it woudn't get away. YIPPEE!!! Thanks John and Mandy!!! They also gave me a new Journal..leatherbound. It's elegant. I shall treasure this one especially. I'll make my first entry tomorrow after the picnic.
It's nearly 9pm now, and we have church in the morning. Hope to see you all there!!!!

No comments: