Monday, October 29, 2012

Just wanted to say that many of the 'homemade'   ideas I've posted are from a wonderful blog run by Jillee called One Good Thing.. 
Here are 2 more of her awesome ideas..

Whitening without Clorox
12c water
1/4c lemon juice
1c peroxide
Mix and use 2c per wash.. use your homemade detergent with hot water.. let the clothes soak for about an hour and then proceed with the normal washing.
I tried this today and used 2c of vinegar in my rinse.. dried my tea towels with a ball of aluminum foil.. it was amazing.  Try it- you may just like it!
This mixture can also be used in a spray bottle as a household cleaner.. 

#######################
No Grate Laundry Detergent
3 Tbsp Borax
3 Tbsp Washing Soda
2 Tbsp Dawn
put the ingredients in a gallon jug and then pour 4c of boiling water over all.. Swirl till the dry stuff is dissolved.. cool
Fill the jug with cool water and use 1/2- 1c per load
I haven't tried this one yet, but soon.. very soon  
    

No comments: