Sunday, October 21, 2012

More homemade stuff

Homemade 409
2 Tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp Borax
1/8c Dawn (blue)
1c hot water
16 oz trigger spray bottle
Optional scent or essential oil
Pour vinegar, borax and hot water into the spray bottle
Continue filling spray bottle with cool water
Add Dawn last- no need to shake

This works well and I am quite happy with it.


Homemade Glass Cleaner
Combine 1c water, 1/4c white vinegar, and a few drops of Dawn (blue) into a spray bottle and go clean your mirrors and windows..

Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
4 oz bar of Ivory, grated (or any other preferred soap)
1 gallon water.
Heat the water in a large pot until it steams.
Pour the grated soap into the water and let it set 15'
Blend well- I used a whisk- you can use a mixer if desired.
Let it set overnight.   In the morning, blend again and pour into a gallon jug.
I'm very anxious to try what I made.. my pumpers are all full, so I may have to wait.  Unless of course I just dump some into my hands to try ..  I added a few drops of Tea Tree Oil to make it a sanitary liquid hand soap.
 
    
     

No comments: