Monday, May 23, 2011

So very tired tonite.  I got up this morning and put a pork roast on for supper tonite.  It smelled sooooooo good all day as it baked away in the oven.  It was delicious tonite too for our supper with a small scoop of mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and peas..

Something keeps digging up my peas and beans in the chicken run.  It's so frustrating.  The peas are germinating and putting out little roots laying atop the soil!  I cant' believe this is twice I've found them laying out.  AACCCKKK!!!!  The trap is set.

The old chicken hutch is pretty much ripped apart and the lumber leaning between the sheds.  YAY!  Paul left the platform for me to set pots on.. good thinking.
Tonite we put up a topsy turvy with a cherry tomato plant.  We used the new Miracle Gro potting soil that expands when you add water.  We put it in to the half way point and after I added the water, it GREW!  The soil is now nearly at the top of the planter and the sides got very firm.. and heavy!  I was thankful that I didn't add the water before hanging it or I wouldn't have been able to lift it up to the hook.  YIKE!
The deck is covered with plants in various stages of development- the tomatoes and peppers look fantastic..
Will likely go to the North Union Cemetery tomorrow and plant some impatiens there.  It's time.  I'll need to visit Plum Creek too.

Heading for devotions..

No comments: