Tuesday, October 31, 2006

BACK TO NORMAL-WHAT IS THAT ANYWAY?

I think we are getting back to normal now. Not really sure what that is at this point. It seems like since last December our lives have turned totally upside down and we are still bouncing. But we haven't given up by a long shot.. we keep plugging away dealing with each problem as it comes.
Wendell has gone back to work today. Yes, he feels that good. He's still not 'normal' but he's feeling much better since eating toast, banana and applesauce last evening.. and again this morning. He can take his meds again.
One more injection in his knee and he should be like a new man as far as knees go.. and he should be able to function with less pain. He has more surgery to look forward to (as if one would look 'forward' to surgery). The orthopedic surgeon has suggested he may need a hip replaced as well as 2 knees.. and then the colonoscopy..

Last evening we enjoyed seeing the grandkids .. Trick or Treat !! They got their treats.. pictures later when I get them uploaded.

Today I'm scheduled to be gainfully employed.. the odd shift..11am to 7:30pm.. It is a shift I don't like- it seems to take more of a toll on my body for some reason. I'm the 'extra secretary' for the day. So each time I get scheduled (at least once every 2 week period) for that shift, I request to be on call or off. On call gives me pay for staying at home, though at a much reduced rate. I have to weigh the toll to my system vs the pay..hmm..
I'm praying that I'll get the on call.

Question?? Where do all the political polls get their data? Most people seem to have cell phones with numbers not available to others.. and answering machines for home phones.. hmmmm.. so where do the pollsters get their information?

Remember to pray for us.. and for Nicki.. Uncle Bob and Aunt MaryJane.. Janet is healing.. Amen.

No comments: