Monday, October 09, 2006

MONDAY MEANDERINGS

Yesterday's sermon was very good. The pastor discussed how some church members and others can hear, sing, and do all the things every other member does, and still not be saved. Participation does not insure salvation, but repentence. This is neglected in some cases. Christians are aware of their guilt by God's spirit, and then turn from their sin and ask for forgiveness, repenting of that sin. The warning is against hypocrisy and disbelief. We are called to examine ourselves to see the evidence of God working in us.

I have the camera ready for today. I'm going to keep the grandkids while their Mom and Dad go out for an appointment. This may be Columbus day, but I'm declaring this a CRAFT DAY at our house. Thanks to Betsy and Sandi and the Dollar General, I'm armed with a bunch of crafts for the kids that will keep them busy for hours! The kids love doing them, and I love working with them on each project. So.. pictures of our day will be forthcoming.. later tonite.

I'm trying to spend a little less time on the computer, and though it's online, I'm not around much of the time. There are just so many other things that I need to be doing. I do check my email 2-3 times during the day, but otherwise, not present. So I'm not ignoring you if you write to me.. just not reading the emails as often.

Well, my time for blogging is about up. I need to get started on the day.. showered and dressed. Mandy left nearly an hour ago. Wendell is off today and is planning to help Paul with his excavation project. So it's gonna be a busy day..
Second order of business: breakfast. Wendell needs fuel to start his day.
Gotta run. Have a great day bloggers...
Pray for us and for Nicki and Uncle Bob and Aunt Mary Jane. We are thankful for your faithfulness in this.

2 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Where are the pictures?

Jemit said...

Actually, there are none..we didn't have the chance to do the crafts. Joyce arrived late and we have set up Wednesday as a possible CRAFT DAY.. so sorry.. no pictures today..but when we do the crafts, there will definitely be photos..