Sunday, October 01, 2006

THE SKY IS FALLING !!!!

I was reading the news this morning about global warming.. Lots of stuff out there on the topic, but I have serious reservation in believing that there is truth in much of it.
First of all, the claim is that our temperatures are 1.8 degrees below the maximum temperature of the past million years. Now, I'm not a rocket scientist, but I have a desire to know how the information is obtained. So, where are the statistics of 1,000,000 years ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if they did have statistics then, thermometers weren't invented. So how can they be so specific to a decimal point?
I saw a picture with a story about polar bears drowning because of global warming..... uh huh.. hmmm.. it actually looked like they were having a great time swimming in the water.. not even a shred of sweat. You want me to believe they are drowning? I don't think so.
Here's another piece of valuable information. The one article I read said in essence "increased snowfall = a meltdown of Antarctica".. hmmmm.. another piece of someone's imagination I suppose?
You want me to believe all this stuff? I don't think so. Our seasons and weather shifts as a matter of growing old.. yes, we cause some problems in the environment with our emissions, but I think the radical theories.. and that's what they are.. theories.. need more evidence.

No comments: