Thursday, October 19, 2006

THURSDAY, OFFICE DAY

I don't think the leaves are as spectacular as they have been in recent years. It must be due to the late frost?
I really am guessing. These brown eyed susans are a reminder of summer here.. They were so beautiful.

Today is office day and I am awake at 4am. I do this normally on Thursdays in case I have joint pains I need to get under control before going in. Works for me !
Speaking of joint pain, Wendell has had his 3rd injection as of yesterday and his left knee is doing unbelieveably well. I'll be making 3 more appointments for him today for his right knee. The doctor has warned him to be careful- one twist can undo all the good. So he's determined to keep the knee safe. Monday he'll see the orthopedic surgeon, but we are hoping he'll say to hold off the surgery. The more time between surgeries the better, and less risk is involved. Wendell says the injections are not painful in any way, and as long as the insurance company is willing to fund the treatments, we'll keep trying to control the problem with injections, at least for the next few months.

Last night we had Provolone chicken on angel hair. It was so good. I'm afraid it was a bit high in fat, but we don't often eat fatty meals. The recipe calls for butter and oil and heavy cream in the sauce.. hmmm
You don't want a lot of it.. I thought my stomach might complain (more like my gall bladder), but it didn't. Could be due to the fact that we had big fresh salads to go with the chicken dish and that the servings were small.

Wendell is up and moving.. getting ready to leave for the park. I need to hit the shower and get myself dressed and prepared for work too.
Have a fabulous day bloggers.... Remember to pray for us..for heath and strength. Janet, Nicki , Uncle Bob and Aunt Mary Jane need remembered too.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I think that has to be my favorite meal in the whole world...we don't make it often either because it is so rich, but when we have company...we aim to please!!!

Jemit said...

Do you have the original recipe?
I had to try to make it by memory and I think something was missing.. what goes inside the chicken before you roll it up? The provolone.?

Wendy said...

OH MY...YOU MUST HAVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE....MAKE A PASTE OF OLIVE OIL, PARMESEAN CHEESE AND BASIL...THEN ADD THE PROVOLONE ON TOP, ROLL IT, DIP IT IN FLOUR AND FRY IN BUTTER AND OLIVE OIL...BE SURE TO ADD YOUR PARSLEY TOO!!!!

Jemit said...

OH..SILLY ME.. BUT IT WAS DELICIOUS ANYWAY..