Tuesday, October 03, 2006

BUSY DAY.. TOMORROW TOO

Well, it's fast closing on Tuesday.. It's been a really busy day. Mandy and John bought chicken.. no.. let me rephrase that.. Mandy and John bought CHICKEN !.. and asked if I'd can the greater part of it, and freeze a little too..
So I set out to do just that today. We now have 13 pints of chicken in jars preserved for the day we decide to use it for chicken salad or in a cassarole.. mmmm it's so tasty. I also froze 5 packages of 5 servings and then we had chicken for supper tonite. Very good.
I love to can..I have learned (mostly from my Mom) that one can can just about anything you like. Now, I don't can certain things.. like broccoli or asparagus..they lose something in the processing and become like soup .. all mushy.
Those things are better left to freezing. The texture is everything here. I've canned all kinds of things.. today I was going to can some cake, but never got to that point.. I couldn't locate all the jars I needed. I didn't spend a lot of time looking.
Wednesday Wendell has scheduled a Carotid Doppler study. It's a non invasive procedure that uses a doppler or sonar to see if there is any change in his carodid arteries. It's painless and will give the Vascular surgeon information he needs. Hopefully there is no change.

I called the Orthopedic surgeon today and set up an appointment for Wendell to see him. In the mean time, tomorrow he'll see the Rheumatologist and have the 1st of a series of knee injections with Synvisc.. sorta like artificial synovial fluid.
Hopefully this will give him some relief from the knee pain he's been having. He needs 2 new knees, but probably won't be able to have the 1st surgery till near Thanksgiving. It's an elective surgery, and the wait can be a long one.
Hopefully, the 2 knee surgeries will be all the surgery he'll need for a long long time. It's been an eventful year for him.

Pray all goes well for him.. and I'll blog more tomorrow on how things went.

No comments: