Friday, October 27, 2006

DISMAL FUTURE?

I was listening to Hannity last night as he interviewed supposedly educated members of our society. One was a Political Science major.. I think a 2nd or 3rd year student at a prominent university. The horror of it all was that she had no idea who the vice president was.. AACCKKK!!!!! This woman was planning to vote !!! We are doomed.
Almost all the names splashed across the news in the past few weeks were not identified by the persons he interviewed. When asked who the President of our country was, one scholar answered.."Um.. uh.. Clinton?"
I think I may barf.
It makes one desire to reconsider paying the universities for their lack of education of our youth. I'm horrified at all this.
It brings back a memory of a few weeks ago when I bought a sandwich at a fast food place. I gave the clerk a $20 bill to cover a $3.60 bill.. I got back in change $21.40 !!! And she didn't believe me when I told her she gave me too much change. I had to go back in the place and find a manager who finally decided I could be correct. AAAACCCCKKKKK!!!! Makes you wonder if honesty is worth the effort.. (it is). But at risk of being late for work arguing with someone that gave you too much change???? And the clerk had a register that told her what change I was supposed to receive ! Give me the old fashioned change making methods any day.. where the clerk actually MAKES the change.. and counts it out. Our citizens are dull with simple math.
Okay.... I'm off my soapbox, but I'm praying for our nation with renewed vigor.

No comments: