Friday, September 12, 2008


It's wonderful! For the last several days, we have had gentle rain (for the most part).. and one day with a thunder-buster. It's so needed and thank the Lord.. He has given us the moisture we needed.
I was looking at the pictures of the seawalls in Galveston this morning.. and remembering how I wondered about those huge seawalls- the real need for them when the ocean was wayyyy out there.. now I see the necessity. I remember massively huge piers that went out on the ocean.. they had shops on them.. I wonder if they exist yet? I thought that was a frightful place to conduct business. I suppose those who lived there thought it relaxing..
Those were the days when I was fearful of bridges and high places.. not sure I'd make a point of walking out on one of those piers again, though I did walk out on one in Monterey Bay a few years back.
I'm loving listening to Sarah Palin's interview with Charlie Gibson.. amazing woman.

No comments: